After an interval of 47 years, the St Martins Guild Fete returned to Oakhurst, buy kind permission of Philip and Lucinda Freedman.
St Martins Guild was founded in 1908 by the then Rector's wife, Lilian Chilton-Tompkins. Its mission was to "work for the beautifying and improvement of St Martins Church"
An Annual Fete became an established tradition. and funds raised have supported church-based projects, as well as local organisations such as nearby St Martins Primary School, East Woodhay Village Hall, the East Woodhay Band and local sports organisations and uniformed groups.
"Last year was the centenary of the Guild, and we had the worst weather imaginable for the fete. This year they were lucky. Afetr an overcast start, the afternoon was superb and people flocked in in their hundreds."
There was a Dog Show, a display of classic sports cars and all the traditional attractions, with the East Woodhay Silver Band providing atmosphere.