The Bishop of Basingstoke, the Rt Revd Peter Hancock dedicated the Garden of Remembrance at St John's, in the parish of Oakley with Wootton.
"A few years ago, St John's Church was demolished, and the site has been replaced with a Garden of Remembrance. All credit to Rodney Scott for helping to mastermind this project".
At the event was the rector of St Leonard's Church Oakley, Jeremy Vaughan together with Carole Vaughan, who is the Assistant Minister, and the Mayor and Mayoress of Basingstoke, Cllr and Mrs Bierman. After the Dedication, there were refreshments at St John's Centre.
The original church was built in 1913, with generous donations from the Bates Family, and it was the church for the parish of East Oakley and Wootton St Lawrence.
In its later years, the church was shared with the Roman Catholic Church, before it was closed a few years ago.