Sir George opens Bowling Club Extension
12 Apr 2014
GY with Eileen Wheelans
GY with Eileen Wheelans
Click for a full size picture
The President of St Mary Bourne Bowling Club, Rod Sutcliffe, invited Sir George and Lady Young to the club to formally open the new larger kitchen, and the extended changing facilities. "St Mary Bourne Bowling Club is one of the key buildings in the village, and it is a popular and well used facility. With the help of a £9,000 from the National Lottery, the changing rooms have been enlarged, modernised and improved, and the kitchen has been extended so a wider range of food can be provided." After cutting the ribbon, Sir George was presented with a Club tie and some key rings, and Lady Young was given a bouquet of flowers. The Club was formed in 1931 and has played continuously since then. A new Club House and green were built in the year 2000, but the Club House was small and it was decided to extend it.
 
Previous news: Penton raises the roof - by selling Tiles Index Next news: Sir George responds to constituents' concerns regarding Badgers and Bovine TB
Next news: Sir George responds to constituents' concerns regarding Badgers and Bovine TB

Copyright Sir George Young Bt. 2015