The name of 2nd Corporal Reginald Bashford Robbins has been inscribed on the War Memorial at St Mary's Church, and it was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of Hampshire, Nigel Atkinson. Present was 2nd Corporal Robbins' half brother, John Robbins, together with his two nieces.
Reginald Robbins was born in 1894, and was working in Andover on the railway, when he was called up in 1914. He joined the Royal Engineers, and, after service in France, was moved to North Africa. He died after the war had ended, having caught Spanish 'flu on his journey home. He died at 3.20 p.m. on February 7th, 1920, and the service was timed to coincide with the 95th anniversary of his death. At a short service, an address was given by Craig Fisher, who had done research into the life of Reginald Robbins. The Mayor of Test Valley, Councillor Jan Lovell, and Sir George Young then laid wreaths at the foot of the War Memorial.