There was a good response from members of the public to the Open Day at Andover Fire Station in London Street.
"The message came through loud and clear in all the demonstrations - take no risks with fire. The chip-pan fire was very impressive, clearly showing how ineffective or dangerous some of the instinctive responses can be. The advice was to get a fire-blanket and keep it near the kitchen door - and don't try to be a hero."
Other demonstrations showed how dangerous hair-sprays can be if the container heats and explodes.
"Congratulations to Station Officer Robin Furness and his team for a successful and informative day; I am sure they have helped to save a few lives."